3rd Annual Curl San Diego Golf Scramble Fundraiser
Sunday, August 4, 2013
This event is open to the public and we especially encourage Curl San Diego members, friends, family, and other curling supporters to participate. All skill levels are welcome. All proceeds to benefit the Curl San Diego curling club.
To be held at The Vineyard at Escondido. 925 San Pasqual Road, Escondido CA 92025. Telephone: (760) 735-9545
$54 per person if you sign up by July 24th. $59 after July 24th. Price includes green fees for 18 holes, golf carts, and practice range balls. Singles, pairs and foursomes are welcome.
Give-a-ways and prizes are planned.
Golf club rental is available. Please contact the resort for more information.
Appropriate golf attire is required. No denim. Soft spikes only. Crazy (Loudmouth) golf attire is encouraged.
Signing up for this event is a two step process. First, purchase your spot below and then submit this registration form via email.
Want to share this event with friends and family? Click here to download the event flyer.
GOLF SCRAMBLE RULES: (all golf rules shall conform to USGA Rules)
FORMAT: Four person scramble tournament.
1. Please smooth all marks made in Sand Bunkers.
2. Leave the putting green as soon as you have holed out.
3. Do not play until the players in front of you are out of range.
4. Balls may be cleaned on the green, and ball marks repaired prior to putting. You may not repair spike marks prior to putting.
5. Please observe all local course rules.
6. Enjoy the day and your fellowship with other golfers!
1. A scramble means that all team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker.
2. The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the marked spot. Each team member hits their next shot from the chosen spot of the prior shot.
3. If the ball you choose to play is in a hazard (sand, water, etc.), the rough, or out of bounds, you cannot drop the ball outside of the hazard or rough even if relief is within one club length away.
4. This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the hole, including putts. The ball should be marked on the putting green also.
5. Putts need to be made within 3 inches of the marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score. When putting, once any ball is holed out, no further strokes count. The team is cautioned not to make “tap” in putts until all team members have had the opportunity to attempt the team’s original putt.
6. Each player’s tee shot must be used at least two times during the 18-hole competition.
7. Men tee off from the white tees and women from the red tees.
8. Threesomes are permitted to rotate a fourth shot from each ball location. In other words, one person will be hitting twice from each position. However, the person hitting two shots cannot do so consecutively. (For example, it’s Player A’s turn to hit two shots. The other team members must play their ball in between Player A’s two shots.)
9. A modified Peoria scoring system will determine the winner. The Peoria System is a sort of 1-day handicapping system for tournaments in which most of the golfers do not have real handicap indexes (company outings, for example). The Peoria System – while, like the similar Callaway System, based in certain part on luck – allows a “handicap allowance” to be determined and then applied to each team’s score.
10. In the case of a tie, Curl San Diego will compare the score card of the teams that have tied starting with the hole with the highest handicap moving to the hole with the lowest handicap, continuing until one team has the lowest score on a hole.
These rules are subject to change/updating prior to the start of the tournament
- Golf Fundraiser on August 4th.
- Product Options
# Option Price Weight Stock 1 One Player - Golf Fundraiser $59.00 0.00 lbs 8 2 One Pair (2 Players) - Golf Fundraiser $118.00 0.00 lbs 4 3 One Foursome (4 Players) - Golf Fundraiser $236.00 0.00 lbs 2